Hi Guys! Very interesting post!

Just wanted to add a few comments, and set a few issues straight, if you don't mind.

I own Custom Design Performance, and have been building engines & heads for Leo Santucci for quite a few years. And I now drive his new ride, his '54 Studebaker. And as most of you know, we have had a bad year performance wise.

This engine combo, is NOT for everyone. There are way too many man hours involved in building this head and block combo, as you can see.
http://www.customdesignperformance.com/leo/leo.html
But this is what Leo wants, and we have alot of fun helping him.

We should have easily been in the 9's this year, w/ the new car, and the new head we did. But, we had some gremlins. That's Drag Racing! After about six different days at the track, fighting all the way, we found out we had a problem w/ our Brand NEW Electomotive Ignition System. Electronics are Great when they work, but sure can be a problem when they don't. I know you're all saying, why did it take that long too figure out? It was a Brand NEW System, and the last thing we thought would be the problem. We kept thinking it was something w/ the mechanical fuel injection system. But we were wrong!

Unfortunately, it was too late in the season for us to get everything figured out. It has been hard on both of us, having run 10.0's at almost 140mph, w/ the small turbo, and a junk converter, to not be able to get down the track at some points.

The engine mechanically has been performing great! We have NOT had any head gasket sealing issues, or deck surface problems, or head issues, or block isues at all! This is great news since I am almost all finished w/ the new block, w/ better piston & rod combo.

We will be at the Track first thing next year, w/ alot of new parts, and alot of new knowledge, and hopefully, many well into the 9's runs. We will keep you all informed, and good luck w/ all YOUR projects.

Ken
www.CustomDesignPerformance.com

Ken Carlson
Owner/Machinist
www.CustomDesignPerformance.com