No kidding 450 hp.

I tell ya why his goal is 12's.

His first truck was an 83 s-10 blazer daily driver, had a stock 454, wish I had a big brother when I was his age \:\) , well had intake and carb, still nothing special, turbo 350 and high 2.**:1 rear end, open rear. He drove it daily, put slicks on it and go knock out a high 12 in the quarter.

After that we then put a built big block that dynoed 470/520 at the crank and it would flat lay you back in the seat, along with the posi 3.73:1, higher coan stall converter, he never ran it with that last combo, too bad, it was a blast, was still his daily driver, \:\) , my point being, the original powerplant by SOTP felt way below the 470 he was getting out of the new engine. The blazer weighed in around 3500 without a driver, which kinda suprised me when you said 450. I can imagine the BB torque is the main contributor his results, still took me by surpise.

Why the long story, this is gonna be his logic to run a v8, so I need some good news to share with him, about the inline, know what I mean? Just to be different wont cut it, hes leaning towards a efi 6.0, I dont know how many LS engines are in novas but Im guessing few, so this is more unique than a warmed over inline or SBC. Again, this is gonna be HIS logic, so bare with me here. \:\)

Now Im a fan of the inliner, never knew why, just happened that way, Ive shown him all the combinations (vehicle,engine, tranny, rear, times) I can find, videos, etc., there is a small spark of hope. \:D

So if anyone has a combination that really hits close to what Im asking, throw it at me. Lets convert this ol' boy. \:D

Thanks, tlowe, look forward to the pictures, any numbers on your el camino turbo'd 292?

Thanks, bruce, looks like this could get involved for sure, you know any guys with nitrous 292's and chevy II's that like the street as much as the strip? Appreciate the information!

Fellas, feel free to throw more thoughts my way, if something comes to mind.