Dear Joe;

What racers prove on the track with high power/displacement V engines, running constant high speeds, isn't relevant to a 60s 150Hp inline engine, on the street.

I only quoted the 70s data as; that is what many use to justify this thesis. It's not relevant either.

A dual exhaust system for the "street" is a different situation. This engine will NEVER see the speeds "race engines" do and will gain nothing from a bunch of senseless plumbing, under the vehicle. :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact; when Muffler Shops put this garbage on, It's welded permently in place, right in the way of everything, as opposed to the separate system, which is NOT in the way of anything.

We may disagree with the theory & that's okay. But this guy will have nothing but bad luck "down the road" if that crap is on there, instead of installing the proper size mufflers to start with.

That's the way it is, in the 'real world' and has been since "duals" first began in the 40s.

If these devices work (for you) on the track, than 'by all means' use them and we ALL wish you many safe finishes and your share of wins too.

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon