Gentlemen;

The question (orginal topic) was NOT about what works on the Race Track; with High powered-high performance precision V-8 engines.

These folks (NASCAR) believe in them because they function in that arena. On the race track, engine running @ maximum with the exhaust @ at a very high volume/different frequency.

A used-low horsepower (1962 design) inline engine, generally operating well below maximun in It's power curve, is NOT the same thing at all. Not even close. :rolleyes:

My responses here are based on what happens on the street, with slightly modified passenger cars & light trucks, not 'race cars'. They operate ONLY on the track.

Other than changing the tone/noise level, all of this bogus plumbing is worthless and creates more problems than it could ever solve, if it worked, as suggested.

This is all based on 40+ years of watching it happen to others that "fell for" the Muffler Shop BS.

Mr. Straight straight axle 63;

Don't you "fall for it"!! Build your system with (straight through) mufflers so the noise is "within reason" W/O any of this 'monkey-motion' or 'pretzel pipes' on your car.

Happy trails to all. \:\)

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon