Tomorrow is payday so I hope to have the pistons ordered by Friday afternoon.

I got a response from the engine kit place. It was as I expected the high compression (8.0) pistons with 'D' shaped recess. I mailed him back said thanks, but I had found the right piston.

I just looked at Leo's book again. On page 54 there is a picture of a rod and a "dome" piston. The dome piston he refers to is what I thought was called a popup. Leo also refers to the LP gas pistons again on page 56 as having 9 to 1 compression. Does anyone have a spec sheet on these pistons. I set my spreadsheet up for flat top pistons, 10 cc for gasket (didn't include deck height) and there is a significant difference from stock 10.5 with a slightly larger stock combustion chamber. With any kind of dome I'm thinking close to 12.0 to one.

I think I figured out the octane of E85. I posted previously that Ethanols octane was 122.5. I arrived at that number by averaging the the RON and MON numbers I found on one of the link. The average of RON and MON is what the Feds use for the number on the pump. So 85 parts Ethanol (85 x 122.5 = 10412.5) + 15 parts regular (15 x 87 = 1305) divided by 100 comes to 117 octane. Did I do the math right?

Larry

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever