Howdy Big Bill, I'm not sure if I want to say I tend to agree with you or totally agree with you. If as a society more research had been done before changes were made would they be the right change, maybe, maybe not. Your egg example is proof of that. I would like to think if society had more common sense things would be different. Has enough research been done on ethanol for fuel, probably not. I do know that there are some large corporations that have done enough research to commit to building at least 16 new factories to produce ethanol. There is also research being done on a hybrid of corn specifically for the production of ethanol. One of the complaints about ethanol is the cost of production. Most of the plants in the United States are of an older design and use a costly method of production. In Brazil they did change to ethanol for fuel thirty years ago. They have lowered the cost of the production ethanol. Are the new plants coming on line in the US, going to use the old method, no. Will the cost of E85 at the pump go down, no. In the Agricultural Industry historically as production has gone up the cost of production has gone down. Now what happens if you tie a renewable agricultral product to a diminishing resource. The price doesn't go down. If you think the oil companies profits are outrageous. Is gasoline going away, no, not till the last drop of oil has been pumped out of the ground. Now if you have a gas station with three pumps which one do you sacrifice. If you are one of the major oil companies you may not have a choice. Now is this conjecture, not ethanol. Can a capitalistic society do anything about it, not unless they want to give up their "modern life style".

All we can do is trust in the Lord, be aware of what is going on and try and take advantage of it with out hurting anyone. The last part is where common sense may have fallen down.

btw I rarely eat fast food and don't have AC or PS, one truck does have PB, the one that the rebuilt 292 will be in. \:D

Larry

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever