Big Bill, I think your concerns are justified, but E85 is not going to replace gasoline. E85 is an alternative fuel it will be another choice at the gas station. I don't think you will see it at most of the major oil company gas stations either. The economics aren't there for E85 to replace gasoline. From what was posted here E85 is selling for about 20% less than gasoline in the midwest. When a consumer with one of the new "Flex Fuel" vehicles fills up and then finds that he has lost 20% or better in mileage. The next time he fills up he will think twice about E85. The reason I started this thread because I have to rebuild a 292 for one of my trucks. If I build a motor for E85, it probably won't run on gas very well unless I run premium. On the other side I'll only lose about half the mileage with E85. E85 is not even available in California yet. A local oil company will mix it for me with out hesitation. By all indications corporate america is ramping up to make E85 widely available. Again E85 will only replace gasoline to the extent that the consumers feels he/she is getting value for their money. Now if there is an oil shortage and world events seem to make that a probability. Ethanol producers will be sitting pretty because they will be able to charge what ever the market will bear. Corporate incentive(?). Now if the demand for ethanol is so high that it cuts into food production or if not enough ethanol can be produced and there is an oil shortage. Who's fault is it.

Society in general has been warned. You only have to look at history for the last 50 years to see it. In the early sixties the autommakers made little autos to compete with those little autos from across the ocean. Then those little american autos got bigger and bigger. In the early 70s OPEC cut oil production. The automakers thought about little cars and mileage again. In the 80s and 90s the consumer buys SUVs and big trucks. Whos' fault is it. Is cheap gas an entitlement. Should the automakers not sell the consumer what they wanted. Should the governments have put higher taxes on gasoline. tyb507 said this, what he didn't do was look at what was said or follow the links. It is no longer a what if situation. Corporate America is ramping up to make E85 an alternative fuel. Again E85 will not replace gas, as long as gas is available. In any case if you have an engine built for E85 you come out ahead. The only engines that will be built for E85 will be built by Hot Rodders. You can't build an engine for gas and E85. If you use E85 in a gas motor you lose gas mileage. If you use gas in a E85 motor you could destroy the motor.

I intend to try and take advantage of the situation, but then that has been the plan before. I'm still working and I will probably be working till the day I die.

All you can do is trust in the Lord and hope for the best.

Hopefully I'll get the pistons tomorrow.

Larry

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever