Larry
E-85 will go on sale next month in my neighborhood and it is be advertised as a blessing to consumers because it will be thirty cents a gallon cheaper and it will elimate the oil problem. Which if you burn 20% more of it you will only be paying an extra 30 cents (based on $3.00 gas cost)(a usable gallon) to travel the same distance. I agree with what you say about the use of it now. But it will be interesting to see what happens 20 or thirty years from now, which I probably won't have to worry about. What effect will E-85 have on fuel pump diaphrams, carb accerator pumps and like items? I am not against the E-85 I just wonder if it is not another idea that won't work if it gets mass approval of the consumer. Another thought is what will happen to a computer controled system that sets timing advance using spark knock sensors such as many Chyrsler products. My wife filled our grand Caravan with premium once and with in 10 miles the check engine light came on and the engine started to limp. It took two tanks of regular to straighten out the problem.
Just thinking outloud,
Big Bill

Been there, Done that, Hope to live long enough to do it again.
Big Bill
I.I.# 4698