In regards to pistons And compression ratio I read an article in a magazine a couple of years ago about getting more horse power out of a V-8 by going to longer rods (5.7 up to 6.2)which increased the dwell time at top dead center,giving a longer burn before the piston started down I think they was using a ford rod with a special piston that had the wrist pin relocated. Now what I am wondering is there a longer rod out there that could be resized to fit a 292 then run stock V-8 pistons to match the bore. I'm certain that this would take some time in a spec book for rods to check it out, but it MIGHT Work and it might give a major torque increase. Also if this could be figured out and if it increased output and kept dependability you would become famous in your own time for figuring it out. Hows this for a thought? If you think about how many of the things we do to a 250 came about after somebody probably said it couldn't be done, People like Leo and others had to prove that it could and would work. As we know we have sixes running better than a lot of V-8s in a world where

Been there, Done that, Hope to live long enough to do it again.
Big Bill
I.I.# 4698