Hello What I am wondering is there a rod the right length made for some other engine that would be the right length and could be safely resized, pin and bearing wise to allow use of Small block chevy pistons in a 292. What is the exact rod length of a 292 and how far is the wrist pin below the piston deck, then what is the wrist pin to piston deck on a small block chevy the difference would give the rod length needed. I know that many performance motors have been built using rods from a totaly different motor and I wonder if this is possible for a 292. Crank journals could be turned slightly smaller or welded up and made slighty larger. even wrist pin bores in pistons could be honed slighty larger to fit a different pin. This would take some research to figure out but it might be possible. To the best of my knowledge know one has ever changed the length of an existing rod successfully more the a few thousands.
Te article I was talking about was in HotRod magizine a few years ago and they claimed to be getting 400 plus hp and still be very streeetable.
Just me thinking
Big Bill

Been there, Done that, Hope to live long enough to do it again.
Big Bill
I.I.# 4698