Quote:
Originally posted by gearhead:
The project I've had in mind for quite awhile was to be a '27 Ford turtle deck roadster or a chopped coupe. It is to be a daily driver. An inline 6 is too heavy, too long, and will never get the gas milage that I'm shooting for, hence the cammer 4 banger. It will give me the right look, as well as lighter weight and hopefully close to 30mpg.
My '37 coupe has a 440 in it, and at 10mpg, needless to say, it didn't get driven very much this year.

I'd like to be able to just find a RWD car with the right style of 4 banger, and just take the entire engine and driveline and transplant it into the '27. The Fiat twin cam is looking like a possibility at this point.
My initial thought, if you enjoy the 440 and plan to keep it, drive it! No way your gonna save money gas money, by building another car, that happens to get better mpg. You can tell yer old lady that excuse...not gonna fly with a gearhead. \:D (detune, megasquirt efi, gearing changes comes to mind) \:\)

With that in mind, your 4banger projec sounds interesting, hope to see it progress on this forum, good luck!