Hey gang. . . new to the forums and good amounts of info!!

But some questions. I have gotten my Dad's 1963 Nova and looking at rebuilding the engine and later some performance work.

Rebuilding I found a kit from PAW for $412 shipped that included the Rod and Main bearings, Camshaft and lifters, oil pump, timing chain set with gears, cast pistons, piston rings, and engine gasket set. (Performance Automotive Warehouse).

So I am hoping that is all I need to rebuild the engine and get things going right? What about the head, the push rods, springs, etc??? And where to look to find those parts?

Also. . .now getting into performance. I've found headers and some intakes, carbs from Langdons Stovebolt and cliffords performance however I don't know exactly what I will need to do.

I am intriged to get the best out of this small 194 for the drag strip. I figured a dual 2bbl carb system with it's intake would work plus an aggressive cam. which btw need some info on cams. I understand what sort of cam I need on my LS1 for the Trans Am I own however I don't have a clue for the 6. I assume the higher duration for the 6 is more ideal but I'm not certain. Reason for asking ;\)

But I want to get as much NA as I can to a point. . .don't want to go over board NA as I do want to add boost. I would love to put a twin turbo setup on this thing and see what happens. . .provided it can be done without destroying the engine.

Has anyone tried and what are your stories on your success?

Thanks!!!!!

1999 Trans Am -- bolt on's
2003 Grand Am GT1
1963 Chevy II Nova 4dr -- new project