Welcome to the board. A couple questions first. What are your goals for this engine and car? Pure strip, street cruiser, combination of both, G machine?

If you're going to go with turbos, or go to the strip, then you might want to think about putting in a larger engine. The best bet would be a 250 or 292. Almost all of the stuff from the 194 will work on the 250 (manifolds, headers, etc). I believe some of them will also work with the 292. The 292 is also 2 inches taller than the 194, 230, and 250.

PAW is an ok company, just make sure they place your order (ie call them). If you eventually plan on going with boost, then you might as well only rebuil the engine once with the good stuff (forged). As opposed to using cast then re-rebuilding with forged. There alot of things to consider, and I don't think anyone wants to spend more money than they have to.

Just let us know exactley what you're looking to get out of this engine and car. I hope this helps. John

'68 C-10 - 250 with Edelbrock 600cfm 4 barrel, Offy intake, Hedman headers and true duals, HEI, MSD 6A box, relocated gas tank
Soon to have: T-5 tranny