Hudson-

The tube headers came from Tom Langdon, and were apparently made from Vette headers. I had them coated with HPC ceramic stuff for longevity.

I'm flattered by your interest in my engine, after trying to pick up as much info as possible from your well informed posts to this forum. This 230 is my first engine build, sort of engine 101 if you will. If I were to do it again, I would have gone further in the lower end with oiling mods, etc. I didn't know at the time what to do, or how to do it. At the time I decided to leave well enough alone and go for the mods that were easy bolt-on bits to get as much out of the little engine that I could. I wanted the engine to have a "look", and knew that it wouldn't ever be pushed very hard.

All that I did with the guts were to have the cam ground, and bored the block .030" over. Otherwise, it is stock aside from converting it from the 218 stroke to the 230 with NOS crank and rods. If I had had more time and $$, it would have been fun to explore the outer limits of the engine's capability, or experiment with a blower, etc. Maybe on the next car... My main goal with this engine was dependability for a daily driver, and a bit of "show stopper" appeal in something you hardly ever see at a car show. That, and winning the BIG RACE, of course. \:D

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions if you have any...

Looking forward to pics of the Super Wasp, get that pic posting thing figured out!

Pete