Thanks for the reply Del-
I'm having my engine shop do the valve train for me, including the cam. They are going to send out the cam for the regrind. They calc'd the engine rpm at 65 mph based on the tire dia., the rear ratio, and the overdrive reduction, and said they would try to optimize the cam for torque and horsepower for hyway cruizing, taking into account the 9:1 head, dual intake and exhaust, and 230 bored 40 over. I don't know yet what this means for the cam, but I imagine it will end up to be something like the 3/4 grind you mentioned in your post.

Anything else I should know about or do while putting this back together? This is the first flathead I've done, so I'm a bit green here. I've read pro's and con's about changing the oil filtration, etc, so I'd planned to keep it basically stock asside from the mods I've already mentioned. I also read in the inliners tech tips that aluminum heads should be torqued the second time after the engine has cooled back to room temp rather than while hot. Is this the case?

Thanks again, Pete