I went back and re-read ALL the old posts in the Mopar section, I have a couple more questions and comments.
First I would like to mention that there is a mass produced forged piston and moly ring available from Sealed Power. The pistons are part # 37p, I can't find my sheet with the ring # on it.
Two questions about connecting rods-
One of the posts mentioned pre '42 Plymouth 201 inch rods having smaller diameter journals, enabling the 230 builder to concoct a stroker by offset grinding the crank. Did anybody ever find out whether the 201 rods were babbit or insert? Also, what would then have to be done for pistons?
I didn't understand part of the discussion on rod lengths, so, would the stock rods be better in a 230, or the shorter 218 rods?
There was mention of Bob Criswell's HEI setup, however, nothing detailing its construction. There was also mention of him using a t-5 trans, which is what I want to do, I'd love to get details on both.
I mentioned previously that I want to use the Isky 280/.448 cam grind- are there better than stock valve springs suited to this cam/engine, or are the stock springs ok? I do intend to wind this engine up as often as possible.