Quote:
Originally posted by Marty Bose:
There is no difference in the heads due to the internal/external bypass issue, it's all in the block or external bolt-ons.

Marty
Marty-

I may be incorrect, but I believe there is also an extra water passage hole in the front of the head, right next to the middle front head bolt.

The EDGY head has a bump cast into the front face to accomodate this hole, but it is not drilled into the water jacket. The head gasket I bought also had this hole, but my external block does not have the corresponding hole.

I had a chat with Earl Edgerton, maker of the head, about the possibility of converting my block to the internal bypass type by drilling the holes, but elected not to. I was going to use the head gasket to locate the hole in the head and block.

The reason I wanted to do this is because the thermostat housing on the head is slightly off-alignment with the waterpump bypass fitting. I had to find a pre-bent hose at the auto parts store to make the connection.

In this pic, you can see the bump cast into the face of the head, down between the two left side water pump backing plate bolt heads.

Here's the same shot, with the hose that I found to make the bypass connection.

And the hose I cut this little section from:

Pete