Cheb?
Well I figure living near the outback if that’s were he was from that it really does not
matter, after all who is going to pass you there is probably hardly anybody on the road were he
was hauling to,so if he had a sluggish engine what does it matter that much as long as you get the job done.
Maybe people are real laid back down there he says "Was passing cars going up grades
with it on petrol" maybe he forgot to say they were all going 30 mile an hour.? anybody would pass them even bicycle.

Diesel is not my thing, price of diesel is close to gasoline now anyway and I don’t like breathing
diesel smoke or emissions its not healthy.

Well ok Ray you guys convinced me leastways that the slant six engines before 1972 may be the way to go, they have more compression then the newer ones 1973 and up, I would not get anything newer then 1976 for certain as the older ones have the stronger bearings forged steel crankshaft and all that good stuff as you say.

I was running an overdrive at that time a A833 and my engine was shaking a little so it might
have had a miss in it,that could be why it was not going any faster then 90km with no load.

Those tubes in the head were the spark plugs are leak oil on the older motors I found.
Can they be replaced why did they designed the head hollow like that on the older Slant six
engines.?
Seem real odd to have a hole in your engine head, maybe the people that enginerred them that way may have had the same problem.