Well guys, I am a lurker here and have never really posted too much because I don't have any hot rods with a 6 cylinder in them but I might soon. Anyways here is the whole story...
I found a guy that owns a TON of old things (billions of things, litterally) from the 20's-50's. I was going to his house to drop off a really old motion picture camera (from the 40's or something) and comming into his place I saw a 1946 Chrysler Windsor 3 window coupe. The guy said he would sell it and doesn't know too much about cars. Anyways I getting rid of my 54 Chevy Hardtop and MAYBE my 48 Chevy coupe and with that money I am going to get this car. I have some pictures on The Hamb of this car and the engine. I am guessing it's a 251 since it's a 46 Spitfire flathead 6.
I was wondering where to get some info on this car and also places to get interior and engine parts. I'd like to fix the engine up some and get dual exhaust (lake pipes I'd like) and things to make some more power.
The engine supposedly ran perfect before he parked it 6 years ago or so and I was thinking of putting a V-8 in this but thought about it more and said screw it, I will leave the 6 in it. Steering wheel says "Fluid Drive" on it so I am guessing the tranny is a Fluid Drive.
Basically what I am asking for is any info on the car, websites for engine parts and interior, and if this engine and tranny combo is good enough to keep in the car for cruising around town and even highway driving (60 MPH if possible).
Thanks a lot for any info!