It's a 29 and it IS a production closed cab pickup. They made quite a few of them. Originally (in late 27 when the first 28 Model As came out) all they had was a roadster pickup with a soft top that wasn't designed to fold down. (Seems kinda screwy to me.) But in late 28 or early 29 they started the production of the closed cab or "phone booth" truck.

The weird thing is that the top was made from wooden "joists" or runners, then covered with chicken wire and finally a layer of leatherette material. The top on mine is completely gone, so I'll do the stock top construction and then maybe later convert it to a full steel top. I'm still thinking that one over.

I'll get rid of the disc wheels...but the wire wheels I'll use will be red, too. \:\)

The stock color for the original 19 or 21 inch wheels was an orangey-red. I'm gonna use 35 Ford 16" wires and have them posdercoated in about the same color red that's on there now, along with some wide whitewall tires and baby moon hubcaps. You know, the standard "classic" hotrod wheel theme.