Hi Frank. Thanks a million for the kind words. I appreciate that. I've sure gotten to love my ol Ugly Truck. And low-tech is my middle name. \:\) That may sound kinda flippant, but there's a serious bit to it, too. I really prefer the shade-tree approach to hotrodding as opposed to the 1-800, dial-a-hotrod, pure billet approach that a lotta folks have taken. That may be fine for them, but I prefer the "old skool" stuff. I can't quite put a finger on why, aside from the fact that I don't have cubic dollars at my disposal. \:\)

This is the approach I wanna take with my Model A, too. I'm gonna to pretend that I've closed my eyes and it's magically 1963, and I'm 16 years old again. And I have what I wanted at that time (and ever since), a Model A. The fact that it's a pickup is kinda incidental. But I'm gonna try to do things the way a hotrodder might have done 40-some years ago...but maybe with a little bit of common sense (I'll have to order a bucket of that from somewhere) and a little of the experience I've gained over the years.

I hope to get the critter in the garage here pretty soon and get to work on it, although I had to start a little earlier than I expected...one of the tires was in such a state that you could see the air in it...and I had to get that replaced. When I did, I found out that the rims on it are wrong. Oops! So one of my first projects will be to get those 16" wires and a good set of tires for it. I got some stuff called Evap-O-Rust and I'm gonna give it a shot on the rusty wheels. We'll see how that works out. And then it's on to other parts.

I'll be posting updates to my site as I make progress.