Here is an update regarding where I am with my truck.

Last weekend I was able to pickup a rebuilt 292 for $700. It looks good - here are a couple of pictures.

I bought an offy and a 390cfm holley for it.

I am ready to pull out the old engine and put in the new one.

I need to make some decisions about what to buy next. Over the next couple of weeks, I can spend about $800, then more around Nov 1st.

(1) cam should be done now since I have the engine out,right?

(2) should i get new valve springs if i step up the cam - how much would they cost?

(3)what kind of gains could I expect from changing the cam, changing out the springs, bigger carb, and dual exhaust?

What are your thoughts regarding suspension? I would like a 2/4 drop, so that the truck is level and relatively low. I assume that most of the kits they sell are for V8s.
(4)Any idea how much higher the front end will be with the 292? also, should I just go with the bare minimum right now, so that I can some of the other stuff. eventually I would like to add: Front and rear coils, front and rear sway bars, adjustable trac bar and front and rear shocks
(6)Should I just go with shocks and coils to start off, then add the other stuff later?

I broke off one of the bolts when removing the pipe, but I could probably figure something out to get me by for a while, if I should go with the suspension stuff first.
Here is the exhaust stuff I am looking at:
stovebolt headers
clifford headers clifford x pipe

(7)Which setup would you recommend, - just stovebolt, clifford headers & x pipe, clifford x and stovebolt, etc?

When I started pulling things apart this weekend, I noticed that I am missing a few fasteners - ie the tranny and motor only had 4 bolts holding them together. (8)How does this look as a solution? http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/acartpro/product.asp?productid=143

(9) list of importance/buying order for the above items?