well, i went to a local track end of june. i had a less than stellar showing. i could not get any traction because i am running some cheap too skinny tires. 4 runs @ 16 flat with 2.3 60 ft. needless to say i had a few problems. traction was bad as i said earlier. it would spin badly in second gear also. i do now have a 3.55 geared posi in it. it would also power down near the end of the track, just lose power. so after 2 runs like that i began logging my runs on a laptop. my fuel system will do this. what a neat tool to have. i can log air/fuel mixture, rpm, spark, water temp, boost, timing, intake air temp and many other things. it showed me some of the problems i was having.
i have been running the timing very conservative and @ full boost it was set @ 20 also have been running the fuel mixture the same way and had it at 10.75-11 @ full boost. i ended up logging 2 runs.
the next day i took it out and started leaning up the mixture. eventually getting it close to 12 to 1 under full boost. that woke up the motor quite abit. then i started bringing in more timing 1 point at a time and testing. so far i have brought it up to 24 with no signs of pinging. with the timing increase the motor is really starting to wake up.
i am going to get some bigger tires (enough to fill the wheel well) and try again in mid august. tom

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com