when i had my tranny built, my guy said he had 2 convertors to choose from. stock which was 1600 rpm and one with alittle higher stall 1800 rpm. i got the second one. i do not seem to have any torque or boost problem off the line. it is simply a traction problem. boost fully in by 2nd gear and then i see another traction problem in second. i seriously do not think this tranny is going to survive. the 2nd gear shifts are so brutal at full boost. even the 3rd gear shift is a tough one.
bigger tires are coming.
i did get to drive it more now that vacation is all done.
with a full tank of fuel and a fuel guage on the windshield. @ full boost , pressure is 52ish.now the fuel pressure does not drop down until the very end of 3rd gear. i believe that maybe my 42 lb injectors are pulse widthed out? according to the computer they are close to max. within 10%. maybe i'll change to my 50 lb injectors. with the bigger injectors, i will be able to run less pressure and shorter pulse widths.

any other thoughts on the fuel pressure dropping out after being at full boost and high rpm in 3rd gear? tom

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com