tlowe I.I,,,,,,

First question,,,can you hold the brakes & build boost pressure to say 8,9,15 lbs & then release the brakes.
If not ,I recommend installing a hydra boost brake setup.

Second Q, how much boost pressure can you make by holding the brake pedal down as hard as you can?

Third Q, what size is your fuel line/hose?

Are you using any of the factory fuel line?

What pump are you using, fuel filter, regulator?

Having too small injectors will not cause your fuel pressure to drop off, you have other issues in you fuel system if you are seeing a fuel pressure drop.

Installing bigger tires will help w/traction,but you haveing a turbo ,292 & in an El Camino(light in the rear end) are all the cause of not having any traction.
One of the worst things to get bad traction, is to have stiffer rear end coil springs than stock.

Now if you really want to get serious on traction w/out going overboard.

Like I stated earlier, Get the Edelbrock upper & lower four link bars,right side air bag,a stiffer right rear coil spring(to launch straight) & a set of Mickey Thompson Drag radials.

I know you can't fit too wide a tire on those ,,,but you can install sorta tall tires, which will give you more rubber contact patch to the ground. If you can get a tire like 29" tall 9"s wide it should hook pretty good.

A lot of turbo cars for the street like a 3.42 rear gear ratio.

I know my Syclone(4.3 V-6) is not a good comparision, but,,my torque converter stalls to 2100 RPM,
& it takes little time to get it to boost up to 6-10 lbs @ 2100 & my cam specs are around 175 degrees duration @ .050 = wimpy :-).
Makes peak HP @ 3800 RPM. 386 HP Dynoed.
So I would think 1800 stall converter must be pretty hard to get full boost on a launch.

My Syclone has 3.42 gears w/a 700R4.

Glad to hear it's running, & for the update!

Not trying to be bossy or anything ,just trying to give you some ideas.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI