Quote:
Originally posted by Turbo-6:
Revod, do you have aftermarket lifters or stock? aftermarket use only 1/4-1/2 turns depending on brand. maybe running out of travel.
Its a completely stock 230 with 80,000 miles so its dead stock.

Quote:
I would think you need more timing 36-38* total
Yeah ill look into timing I was just used to my V8 which didnt like more then 32.

Quote:
I don't think you need any boost ref. pv or vent tube ext. at such low boost even to 15-20#
Well the vent tube was just a test as an alternative to drilling out the PVCR's. But im gonna scrap that and work on the PVCR's now.

Quote:
Try smaller plug gaps .025
6# fuel pressure (reg will increase boost amt. and engine will still think it's 6#)
Gotcha ill give that a shot.

Quote:
Use 2.5 powervalve !!!
Ive considered putting a smaller PV in.

Quote:
Take on highway and read plugs
I will have to make some WOT passes and then shut it down to read them definitely.

Quote:

Do you know exh temp, if high could be timing.
No EGT sensor but ive though about getting one.

Quote:

Check float level, high float can make richer, pulls over to easy.
I've check them I even though about that and set it a hair lower then I normally do.

Quote:

Also 3# boost is not much, raise boost to lean out, if spring will not go higher use a reg to gain boost.
Yeah I need to pick up a regulator and try raising the boost at this point.

Quote:

Check plug wires.
Its got a brand new set on it of stock wires, although I might try and use my 8.5mm MSD's from my v8 on it.

Thanks for the input Harry. Hey my dad wants to know what nights do you guys usually hang out at the shop? Were thinking about swinging by with the Nova. I just need ya to build me a monster 292 like you've got in that 38... lol

I will be getting a 250 that a friend of mine built years ago when he pulls it from his car. He had it bored .30 over, with a decent cam (around 510 lift iirc), full roller rockers, ect.. He built it with hopes to make a quick 6 but got sidetracked stuck the 1bbl on it and stock exhaust lol... its only got 5K on it I plan to swap the rod bolts out for ARP's take out the HV oil pump he put in and stick my turbo setup on it. But it may be 6months or so before hea ready to pull it.