WHOA WHOA buddy! the 300 not lasting that long???!!! are we talking bout the same 300 CI six that Ford began production of in 1965, and ran until 96 in production truck and vans and large cars??? if so i BEG to differ about the longevity of this diesel-like, torquey monstrosity. i have RARELEY heard of 300's blowing up, especially stock, or something as colse to stock as a 4bbl with headers, i HAVE however heard and seen many a-vehicle go 300k-500k, and then proceed to have the body begin to fall off them while there scootin down the highway. again, not trying to start a fight hear, but i am gonna make a correction when needed, lol, on my buddys old 74 F-100, the number 5 cylinder took a dive on him, so he got a new truck, and the "green machine" soldiored on in true 300 fashion, to provide many fun filled days of field beating, Omni and Nova smashing delight, lol, then, we got bored/ shocked that it was still running, so we decided to kill it.... i never knew such an impossible feat existed! we hooked up a garage tach to the coil (since the truck did not have one originally) and proceeded to run it past its 4500 RPM factory rated redline, to 6500 RPM's of FIXED fan terror, while i quote, once the tach hit 5500 RPM and the fan blade began to sound like a small prop plane, the brave soul holding the tach wires, dropped them, going F@%$ THIS! dropping the wires and fleeing to a safe distance, well, another braver/less inteligent person rushed in and grabbed the wires, while they proceeded to run it up to 6500 RPM's, where the valves began to float, and held it there for 15 mins, after all this, and no carnage, they said screw it, shut her down, and put her bach in the back yard for some more field beating. that thing would have made it through winter fore another spring of beating, but the air cleaner was off, and everyone kind of forgot to throw the hood back over her, so come spring, the poor girl was seized. and for referance, the prior owner took HORRIBLE care of this thing, when he went to change the oil for the first time, the oil was all seperated, and he had huge globs along with THIN oil come draining out.... among other things. that is just one testament i have to the durability of a 300....

sorry, but it had to be said, again, aint lookin for an argument here