Hello,

I belong to Ruffrodders webforum and they advised me to come over here and get some more experience from you all. I have been lurking around here for a few months and have been reading all the questions yet i havent found out the answer i need to my question.

I have a 50' Dodge Meadowbrooke with a 230. The 230 is old (looks and sounds as if it was never touched). Been to a few machine shops and they looked and heard the engine and stated i need a full rebuild. Well with the money involved with a full rebuild, i decided to look for an already rebuilt 230. I finally found a fully rebuilt one for a bit cheaper price than getting mine rebuilt and now have some questions as to the swap. Once i swap over all the externals such as the generator, manifolds and such...What else do i need to be aware of? Such as proper oiling of the new rebuilt engine. Also the proper way of swapping over the oil pump and any other things that you all may think i need to know.

As for the old tired 230. Without rebuilding it...would it be possible to sell this engine as is and if so...is there a generic price i could ask for?

Thank you all for your time
Gary