Hi Larry,, I had a q-jet set up on my offy,,what I found was with the carb transverse(secondaries toward valve cover), the type of throttle arm I had was slung real low, for the t.v. hookup,,and it came in contact with the manifold, if you have a earlier design for a detent cable, it should clear,,(the arms are different), I used the 1" phenolic spacer from Jegs, with the swirl design,,I really don't know if it does anything engine wise,,also with the standard gaskets that came with it,, the positive stops on the throttle blades hit the gasket,,some trimming was needed,,I ended with the carb inline for cable routing,, that created another thing,, my offy's bolt pattern was not square, so you couldn't rotate the carb plate, I made my own from a Mr Gasket, adapter,,,I've seen some different offys,, mine had a clover leaf for a square base built on the manifold,, I cut that out and re-shaped the hole to match the open plenum q-jet shape,,before I put the spacer on, the secondaries would not open becuase of it,,with the spacer there isn't a concern,,,