Hi all,

You guys always have great advice and I'm in need of some now.
A friend recently wrecked his 76 chevy truck and gave it to me for hauling it away.
The motor (a 250)recently had a complete rebuild...aprox 20,000 mi. ago.
I used to have a few chevy I6's in some 60's trucks I had years ago and I always really liked them.
I would like to put the motor in a 71 chevy 1/2 ton to use as my everyday driver in the summer. I will occasionally be hauling a load, I do light handyman/construction work, or pulling a trailer/boat, nothing over a ton.
After looking up the engine specs.I was thinking of upgrading the intake/exhaust manifolds and maybe sliding in an RV type cam to improve the HP and torque without sacrificing gas milage.
However, as you already know, it has an integrated head,(never heard of such a thing before)so I guess my options are limited.
I have another friend who has a 79 chevy junker that he will trade me for a little work. I originally thought it was a 292 and it was my understanding that they don't have integrated heads, but alas, it's a 250.
When I looked up the specs on that motor I see that the ratings for the 79's show 20 more HP and 30 more ft/lbs torque and new to the 79 is a 2 bbl carb.
Now here's where I need the advice:
Did they remold the head in 79 to improve flow and/or accept the 2 bbl?
Is that the only improvement to account for the extra power?
Is the cam improved also?
Can I put the 79 head on my 76 and expect the power increase?
Can I put in a new cam also and further improve power? and what cam would you reccomend?
Or would I be better off with the already rebuilt 76 and maybe a new cam?
Can I put the 2bbl on the 76?
Are there any other easy upgrades you could recomend to improve power/milage?

Any advice is greatly apreciated.
Thank you