The conclusion I've come to is that they started using the integrated head in 75, but also still used the non-integrateds until 79. there dosn't seem to be any real pattern for which models used which head. Have never heard of a non-integrated head from 80 on.
Now that I own an I6, I've been talking to everyone I can and they're everywhere.
My friend, who was going to give me the 79 head also has a 73 1/2 ton with a rebuilt 3-speed manual trans., that he would give me for helping haul it away. I asked him what motor it used to have in it and he says it's still got the 250 I6 in it, needs rebuilt though.
Think I'll pull all three 79, 73, and 76. All 250s with 3 on the tree.
Also my neihbor across the road has a 64 1/2 ton with a 292, 4 speed. Think he would give it to me for a 6-pack of beer. Been sitting there for 15 years, so no hurry on that one. If he knew I wanted it he'd probably make me haul it acsross the road.
Also realized all the inlines I already own:
68 mercury outboard 125hp I6
79 mercury outboard 50hp I4
89 suzuki GSXR 1100 (150hp) I4
80 case 580 backhoe I4 deisel
Looks like I'm an Inline man now.
I have a few other rides that need motors, 62 Impala, 64 Jeep truck, now I'm thinking about 6s.
I've had a lot of fun reading posts and talking to people about I6s, the last few months.
Had kinda lost my interest in cars lately (about 10 years), but now I'm all excited again. Best part is, now the wife will let me do whatever it takes to just get them moving.
She used to complain when I worked on cars all night, now all I hear is "why don't you go out and get that piece of **** running?" so I guess she's as excited as me.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Biff