I'm planning on attending B-Ville in Aug. and have an offer to make ...

If any of you inliners who will be there with your rides are interested in seeing live what it will take to do an efi-tbi conversion, and that have a 4bbl intake (holley flange, 70 amp alternator and electronic ignition (HEI is OK) MSD6A preferred). I'll make you an offer here...

I'll bring along all the bits and pieces to do a parking lot EFI-TBI conversion, using a 1 gallon jerry can as the gas tank since running the lines for real takes the most time. We'll un-bolt your carb, bolt on the TBI and be up and running in under 60 min's. .....

We'll be able to get it idling and if you have a place to hang the gas can - go for a short low speed drive...

I'll be able to demonstrate the tuning s/w on the laptop.

All we'll need is an accessible under hood battery connection - we'll run power from the battery, access to the tach output on the ignition, a thermally warm motor - not hot as we'll hang the coolant sensor in the rad neck and then use a toggle switch to turn the system on/off instead of messing your wiring.

We can forgo the O2 and air temp sensors for this demo... but if the exhaust pipe had an O2 bung installed then we could screw in the O2 sensor...

Once we're done we'll re-install your carb again - just like it was...

Any interest ? I could talk a bit at the BBQ if folks were interested.

Last edited by efi-diy; 05/14/08 12:49 AM.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them