The original thread about my engine is gone but for those who have followed my trials, here is an update. The engine was started last week and sounds great!!!! I ended up going with an original points style distributor just for looks.

Some of you may remember the head which had a lot of work done on it also had a broken boss. While some recommended great caution which I appreciate, I took the head to a couple local speed shops and had the head evaluated by their engine guys. In both cases I was told that there was 9/16" of threads holding the stud in place and with stock springs I should be fine. I did replace the aluminum spacer with a cast iron spacer so expansion rates would be the same. New springs were installed also.

I'm running an Edelbrock 500 cfm on the clifford intake. A spacer was made so the linkage would clear the manifold.

I also modified the rear tube header to turn 90degrees and pass under the back part of the oil pan. A heat shield will be installed but I still can drop the pan and now I will have mufflers on both sides of the car which is what the chassis was designed to accept.

It has been a long time since I heard an inline six on split manifolds but I have to admit it's a great sound!

One other problem I had was the slave cylinder for the 84 T5. It it the header tube so I cam up with a bellcrank style mount.

I'm eager to get the brakes and pedals installed so I can drive it around the block!

Thanks for everyone's help and advice!

Kerry Pinkerton
http://wheelingmachines.com