Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
You keep referring to your rocker arms as lifters,makes me think you are not too familar with parts of an engine??? Don't know.

Hank, I know the internal parts quite well. I'm just bushed. We've been keeping my month old granddaughter this weekend and sleep deprivation is kicking in.

...Anyways,,, I would think you must have bad rocker arm geometry running SBC 1.5 ratio rocker arms.
The rockers arms must be hitting on the edge of the top of your valve stem???? (Really easy to see w/a roller tip rocker.)
It should be hitting the center of the valve stem,...

If I get out in the shop today, I'll take some photos. They appear fine to me but I understand what you mean about the geometry.

...Not sure what type of answer you are looking for,but I would definately not run 1.5 ratio rockers arms,the geometry has to be off. Not contacting the the top of the valve correctly.

What I'm looking for is suggestions for a cam or other solution if there is one. Given I don't know what this cam is, I'm not sure it makes sense to dink around with leak down lifters. Especially if I end up going to 1.75 rockers. The Rhodes lifters on 1.75 rockers would probably put me pretty much where I am today with the current rockers in terms of duration and lift at idle.

If I replace the cam, I'll replace the lifters and rockers to what is spec'ed for the cam.

Kerry Pinkerton
http://wheelingmachines.com