Thanks for the info Bruce!

I planned to shorten the driveshaft. What's deal with the flexplate, what should I be looking for? I went with the 3.42 gears because I thought a V8 was in my future. It's not an option now, and I'd hate to rip into the rear again which is why I want more cubes...hence the 250 to 292 swap with a .60 overbore and other recommended power enhancements. Should I be looking at a T-5 instead of the 700r4 because of my new rear ratio and possible towing need?

While looking at the clifford website I see they have a kit that might work for me:

"Fittment: All Chevy 292 cid. Description: Our Clifford rebuild kit includes cast aluminum pistons (0.030" or 0.060" overbore), chrome rings, a Fel Pro gasket set, Clevite Bearings (main and rods are 0.010" undersized), Clifford 264H camshaft, lifters, high lift springs, retainers, valve locks, and hardened pushrods. Please note piston size, along with main and rod bearing sizes with your order by checking the boxes. All cam bearings are standard size. Do not forget to zero deck your block!!!"

Will this cam be too much for my truck/needs if I keep the head stock except for a basic cleaning?

I wanted to go with the 4 barrel carb instead of the 3x1, but it looks like it may not fit with my doghouse style in the step-van. Does anyone have a mesurement from the side linkage to the mounting surface on the head when using the Clifford 4 barrel intake and holly carb?

I may have to deal with the higher octane in order to get more torque from what I have read and heard from the vendors so far :-( I gathered that LP Pistons with zero decked block and some head work will bump me into medium grade gas but it should be a happy medium of torque and mileage. Is this recomendation off base?

Thanks for the input Bruce,

mooney

Mooney
Dillsburg, PA