well, got some more news. took it to a chassis dyno (dynomite brand) i believe it was a eddy current unit.

1st run 235 hp @ 4550 rpm torq was above 300 from 2700-4700 rpm. max tq was 320
2nd run 243 hp with 1 more degree of timing 26 total
3 rd run 240hp @ 27 degrees timing.

took it to the track and hit a alltime new fast time . i am now solidly into the 13's with a 13.8 @ 99.95 mph. i need to work more on launch technique for sure.

this is done with a 1650 stall converter and in drive, i let the trans do the shifting @ 4750 rpm. the stall needs to go higher as the car tries to push while at the line and giving it gas. not bad for a 6 and a street car that cruises 2500rpm @ 80 mph getting 18 mpg @ same speed.
while on dyno, i shook the torq converter bolts loose. tightened them and it was ok. on sunday they shook loose again and damaged the flywheel and torq converter. i will be getting a converter with alittle more stall now.

sometime later this summer i am going to pull out the intake bolt in lumps. i will also leave in port dividers as this makes the engine more reponsive. hopefully the increase of the intake port section area with boost will increase power. we will see. tom

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com