"I plan on building a similar motor soon (292). Want good drivabilty. Are you saying that an Offy 2x1 or 3x1 would be a better option over a 4bbl intake, or an offy 4bbl intake would be better over a clifford 4bbl?

I have quite a few option for used intakes right now and I'd like to select the best one. Plan on using a mild RV cam, split headers, TH350 trans w/ stock converter, 2.78 rearend. Would like to get the most bang for my buck. I'll probably look at head modifications down the road. "

I personally have not used the two 1 barrel intake or the 3-1 barrels.
Between those two, the 3 1 barrels would be a better choice.

I would run the Offy 4 barrel intake over all of those choices.

If you are going to build a new engine & head, you should really intall some lump ports now,,not later down the road.

With the Clifford,you are losing a strong signal to your carb,low velosity of the Air/fuel entering the intake ports.

The Offy 4 bbl intake will give you a better signal to whatever carb you use,possible better gas mileage,more low end torque.

As I always said, the best bang/best HP ,best torque for carburated (SP) use three side draft Webers DCOE's & the Clifford side draft intake manifold.
It is pricey,but that will give you the most out of a carburated engine. Especially for a street car.

I have personally have used both the Offy & Clifford four barrel intakes on my 250's.
I have used Quadrajets,Thermoquads, Carter AFB's AVS's Dual jet two barrels,Holley double pumpers,vacuum Holleys ,two barrel Holleys.
1,2" spacers,open hole , 4 hole spacers.
The Offy is by far a better street friendly manifold.

But that's just my two cents thrown.

Goodluck & any more q's just ask away.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI