Edy, On the pan take a look at the pictures I sent you. When we tested oil pans we found that with the segmented pan we gained HP. On a six cylinder segment into three compartments and don’t bring the segment the entire way to the main cap. Leave a small break to equalize the pressure and it will be fine. The Johnson pump will make some big vacuum, so don’t forget to run the metal coils in the suction lines or the lines will collapse and you wont have any oil pressure.

The pan lines will be AN 12 and the returns to the tank are AN 16. You will need a one way check valve off your valve cover, with the return going back to your dry sump tank or a catch can. The valve comes in both AN 12 and AN 16.

The best way to set up the pump is to put the engine on the dyno and after break in, put an analog feed on the backpressure line, and attach it to a scope or readout. Bring up to temperature and put a load and watch for the down spike. Then change the spring and do it a again, and keep going till you find the down spike. There is only three springs for that pump, high, medium and low. You will probably end up around 20-30 lbs. On my GMC at 7000RPM, I am at 25 lbs. Each engine is different, so do it till you find the right spot. One of my friends is a NASCAR engine builder and at 8500RPM at Daytona they are running about 23 lbs.

The Chevy drop in is the Strage part. The only thing is you cant run tall gears beyond 2.70’s as the pinion head is too big. But in your case I don’t think you need to worry. You guys will be running low gears anyway.

Last edited by $UM FUN; 07/18/08 02:02 AM.