This morning I went down to the U pull yard to get the parts to do the swap less the fuel pump and inline fuse holders.

[/URL

[URL=http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p7260382ta9.jpg]

Total cost for the parts less the TBI to carb adapter less than $90.
Add $40 for the TBI adapter

Megasquirt II ready built $400 ($247 if you build it yourself).
$35 for the TBI to MS GM harness adapter board.

Fuel pump - used $30

Inovate LC1 wide band $179 (local speed shop) (or borrow one) you only really need it to do the initial fuel tune up and as long as you don't change the engine configuration you can use a regular narrow band sensor once your done the tune up.

Misc. stuff $100 (all the small stuff)

So all together for roughly $540 you can have a full EFI system controlling both fuel and ignition timing, if you build the MS yourself. About the same price as a new carb (locally).

At the demo we'll just do the fuel side only, when starting from scratch either do the fuel OR ignition control as its a lot tougher to sort out both at once.

Once the demo is done if anyone wants the harness,GM ECM,TBI and fuel stub lines I'll sell it for $100 ( a couple of $$ for my gas to go get it and prep the harness). The MS is out of my truck so its coming home with me..:)

Last edited by efi-diy; 07/26/08 10:18 PM.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them