Unrelated, really, but I just got a GM TBI setup untangles and running nicely on my 232ci AMC inline six in my 1963 Rambler Classic.

It was a Howell "258 Jeep" kit I got from a fellow AMCer who ended up not using it.

I did it at the same time as a valve job (200K miles on propane, lots of valve recession but otherwise find and the bottom end is perfect).

I had stuck an old Carter YF on it after I yanked all the LPG stuff off (after 20 years on LPG!), for the TBI setup I had to install "late model" (1980's) aluminum 2bbl intake (BBD pattern) and a bunch of water plumbing, etc.

I'd yanked the gasoline tank and pitched it decades ago, but imagine my luck, I found a 63 classic in a local junkyard!! and it had a good unrusted gas tank!! I cleaned it out, and added a return line to it.

All THAT crap took some 40 hours of work. The Howell took probably 8. It worked first thing, EXCEPT it ran super-crazy rich. Howell was very helpful when I called!

The problem was the hose from the return line to the tank kinked in a too-tight radius. It was open when I installed it, but I guess the hose collapsed with time. I re-routed it and all's well.

I'll check the tuning when I've finished untangling it. The kit was for a 258, and it's on a 232. The motor's fairly high compression (9.5:1) and a stock 1970 cam and the old Borg Warner M35 auto trans. The maps may need tweaking but it's close enoug to drive well.

This was my first EFI. I got the kit cheap! Glad I went with it. I've got more cars... I picture Megasquirt in my future...