well if the intake ports are 1.75 inch diameter then someone did a real big port job on it being that the stock port is 1.5 inches across, right guys? I thought that the gmc heads were more desirable because the H head and the 302 head had the larger 1.75 intake port diameter and this lends itself to better power than the stock jimmy head, and chevy heads which are 1.5 inch across, is this accurate, I thought I picked this info up here but maybe I am mistaken? Oh and as for my motor hoyt, it is just about ready to go, got the block done, just got to put in the oil pump and lube the cam lobes and pop in the lifters and finish my 250 HEI distributor for it by making a colar for the hold down, and when I get my truck back and finished from my body work guy (and that is a whole other can of worms and me just being furious with him for what I have paid thus far and how long its taken for what I have got so far, AARRRRGGGGGHHHH) and then I am going to port and polish my 848 head and have it ready to go, got my webers mounted on the offy. So back to these ports, if he has ports that have been done out a quarter inch from stock, can this be done? I thought that only 1/8 could be done and the ports hogged out to 1.625 until you got into water? whats the skinny here guys?

you can lead people to truth, but you can't make them see it!