Okay,It's obvious to me that I need some education on this motor or the head at least. I have a 261 shop manual print out that says the stock Intake Valve measures 1 7/8 inches head diameter and the stock Exhaust Valve measures 1 1/2 inches head diameter.And I mis-typed in the earlier post and should have typed 1.875 inches(1 7/8).Am I right or wrong?

Thanks Hoyt, I've read those articles,but better read them again I think.And yes again, it is the later block with the fittings built in.The progress isn't too slow ,and while I'd like to see this motor running soon,I'm not pushing it.Currently I'm degreeing the cam which is a new experience for me.So I'm taking my time and getting help with that.The PO built his own dual aluminum intake running 2 750cfm Holleys! He swears it wasn't over carburated for drag racing.So that will be the next part of the project to work on after the head is mounted.The PO has been very helpful, but he travels alot in his job,so it's usually short emails for info. Anyway progress is progress no matter how slow.

Last edited by Drew, II # 4211; 08/10/08 09:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter