Tom,

Thanks for bringing your truck, it was good prep on your part that helped make things go smoothly.

We did have a small vacumm leak between the manifold and adapter plate that normally would have been fixed before trying to tune the idle, but lacking time we had to compensate. The effect was at low idle the vacumm leak ( you could hear it whistling) was telling the computer the throttle was wide open which under normal usage would mean go rich ... well it did and we were chucking out bricketttes ... so I had to make a fast mod to the fuel table to remove fuel. Once done we were able to get it to idle ok and wing the throttle a few times and I think it was pretty clean at least it sounded good. Then the high pressure supply line popped off twice which terminated the drive portion we had planned.
With another 1/2 hour (and less wind) we would have had a decent drivable tune.

As Tom metioned earlier overall it went very well all things condisdered and I was satisifed with the outcome.

I do have the tune up saved for the megasquirt and it would be a decent starting point for anyone doing a TBI conversion. Perhaps our webmaster could post the file somewhere...?

Last edited by efi-diy; 08/25/08 01:49 AM.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them