This past weekend I purchased a 1958 Plymouth Suburban 4 door wagon. This unit is powered by a 230 mopar flathead 6. When I bought it in Omaha, car ran very well. 30 miles down the road, radiator spewing smoke I end up in a gas station with water in the oil. I'm not sniveling, cause the car is extremly cool, but I'd like to know what kind of issues I can expect to see when the engine is out and on the bench.

My second question is about the drive:
The car is equiped wih a 3-speed w/overdrive. I'm thinking about a change to a Chev L6 with a 700R4 behind it. I've been told the 3-speed is a stout unit but I'm a novice when it comes to this ovedrive. Looks like it has got a cable to activate it but I'm clueless as to how to activate it.

The frame is a big heavy completely boxed perimiter frame. Due to the goofy torsion bar/drag link (this forces a center sump oil pan) I don't see anyone that has a stub or any Mustang II type suspention. Any suggestions fella's?

Faster, faster, faster, till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death........