Somebody told me to measure the covers on the side and if they measured close to 4-inches then it would be a 230 or a 250. I measured and sure enough the covers appear to be aroud 4 1/4 opposed to 6-inches for a 292.

The motor does have signs of it being taken out with the ground straps disconnected and the rebuild tag on the side of the motor near the alternator. Also with the code near the distributor saying "F0330BN" led me to believe it was a 19*3 of some sort so I just guessed 1973. Heck maybe its a 1983 for all I know.

I'd probably guess its a replacement motor since I don't see a VIN number stamped on the tag near the distributor. I just wanted to figure out if I could what year and what displacement so if I went to rebuild it or tweak with it I could order the right parts unless of course its all in the stroke, cam and crank then I'd guess its all moot anyways.

Im not an engine guy by any means so most of this I'm spouting I'm making up from things I'm starting to gleem from website to website and things people tell me.