yeah i totally had a problem like this at one point, it drove fine till one day when I was going snow boarding, and then it starting drawing air and sputting under load, it would idle fine but when it was under load it started kicking and dying, and then it would be fine at an idle again. So under further analysis, it was the fuel filter being clogged up with rust debris from the stock metal gas tank, looked like coffee grounds. I put fuel in it, and shook it up, then blew it out and did this several times and after I did this it ran fine up to mount shasta from redding no problem. I put a filter ahead of the fuel pump, and one after the pump before the carb. They are both the clear pastic desposible type so that I could actually "see" when it was time to change it, and save my pump from getting gummed up, check the fuel filter, or just change it, and check your gas tank for rust out. I also highly recommend putting a filter between the pump and the tank, AND one after the pump/before the carb. Works Great, good luck hoss!

Last edited by dbane261; 09/25/08 12:54 AM.

you can lead people to truth, but you can't make them see it!