Beater next year, get your harness and fuel system installed, drive down on the carb, we'll redo the swap for real using your own megasquirt and then you can drive home injected...

If the fenton intake is a 2 x 1 bbl setup, go get 2 1 hole TBI's from a GM 2.2 or 2.4 4 banger they make about 100HP so 2 would be plenty good to feed the old iron.

All the parts except the megasquirt come out of the junkyard, I paid like under $120 for all the stuff Beater got from me. $450 for the MS, $100 for a used laptop and your injected. It can be done for under $700.

I think this would be cool, put some vintage air cleaners on the TBI's, put TBI with the TPS and IAC on the rear position (only need 1 TPS and IAC the other TBI can have these removed and the IAC hole blocked off - just goop the IAC hole full of black silcone it does a fine job. After it hardens trim it off nicely.

There are only 2 wires per TBI need to drive the injectors, 3 for the TPS, 4 for the IAC. The MAP sensor can be remote mounted and connected to the engine with a vac. line. The coolant sensor is 2 wires - easy to hide. A heated O2 sensor 3 wires. Gee that is only 17 wires. The tach input to the MS can be tied into your tach wire if your only controlling the fuel side.

If I find an old guy with a 235 4bbl locally, I'll redo the conversion that Beater and me did at B ville. The whole process took just under 2 hours including looking for some errant tools and answering a whack of questions. Its really not that hard - if you can tune solex/webbers you can tune this - need to lean a spot on the fuel curve - select that point on the fuel curve and push a keyboard button... push the save button - done.

Last edited by efi-diy; 09/26/08 02:42 AM.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them