I was asking about inline 6 parts at a junkyard the other day and they didn't have anything, but a guy who was sitting around the place followed me out the door and said he had a 250 sitting in his shop if I wanted to take a look. He lived just around the corner so I followed hm over there and he had a complete 250 inline 6 on an engine stand next to some other really sweet engines (Chevy 454's, Buick 455's, a Mopar 440 etc). He had alot of junk and alot of cool vintage stuff out in his shop, and his personal mini junk yard. He has a 1953 Chevy and a 1935 Chevy Truck, and another older truck too.

The engine is complete from starter to alternator to Air cleaner, and he said some guys drove it in from Colorado in a 1950 model truck then pulled it out to put a 350 in the truck, but the engine was running just fine when pulled. He took it and put it in his garage where it has been sitting for 3 years, (he is a gonna-do-it kind of guy). We drained the oil which was good, we put a couple of bolts in the balancer and used a cheater bar and spun the engine freely so it has not locked or seized, and he said he would take $150 for it complete. That's an awesome deal for a running engine and a decent deal for a roll of the dice engine. Now, let me get to the sweet spot in this deal...

Sitting on top of this 6 cylinder is an Offenhauser 4 barrel intake manifold, and a Holly 390 carb! The carb will surely need a rebuild but it comes with it at any rate and the intake is worth what I will be paying for the whole engine, so I figure if it runs, that will be a bonus. It is a mid 70's model block with HEI ignition, and I made sure to check that it DOES have the AC mount on the bottom front and the correct offset starter bolt holes that I need for my 400 tranny.

I told him I would take it for $150 no problem and I would be back Wednesday!

76 Chevy Stepside with a '68 230ci