I've been to Bonneville three times now. In 1992 as a rider of a tubo-charged 1954 Pan-bottomed Shovelhead as a rider (extremly cool ). I was fortunate enough to go 173.5 MPH but I was way off the class record. Even so I think that is one of the highlights of my life along with seeing my son born. In 2006 and 2007 I was a crew member on the J&P Cycles Express Motorcycle streamliner.

I'm the fat guy with the big hat on in front. In 2006 we set an AMA national record of 179 and change. It really doesn't sound that fast but it was pretty cool to do it with 79 Cubic Inches (1350CC's). We surely did work out butts off. This year we didn't go due to too many other things going on with the owner. Once you have been a participant at Bonneville, it will draw you back.

I'm kind of disgusted with myself because I let my wife talk me out of what I wanted to do in the first place, which was ditch the flattie and put an L6 Chev with a 700R4 in it. I have couple cool things I got from Tom Lowe to turbocharge a 250 I have in the corner under the bench. This 250 ran before it was pulleed, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. One of the reasons I decided to redo the orignal motor was I kind of got real interested in the 3-speed with overdrive that came in the "longroof". I thought to get this together for reasonably cheep and collect the rest of the bits for the turbo set up over a longer period of time, and enjoy the car as I did. I'm sure if I put the Borg Warner overdrive on E-bay it would fetch a pretty good price. I really like the looks of Eileen and wil not give it up.

Choices, choices.......

Last edited by Xea I.I. #5390; 10/03/08 01:41 AM.

Faster, faster, faster, till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death........