I never did get a dyno sheet as the dyno was screwing up badly. I'll do a video shortly.

Last night was the last chance to run at the track. The density altitude was about 3800' (good for around here) on 8psi the truck ran 14.58@98mph. I'm fighting all the same issues that Tom is regarding building boost on the line. 98 mph is a high 13 second pass if it would launch under boost.

It would bust the tires loose on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift for about 50', next time out I'll have the drive shaft loop installed so I can run my slicks.

The hot side on the turbo is big (1.38 AR) so it take a long time to spool up. To compensate, I tried using a 20HP shot of NO2 to get the turbo to spool it worked a tiny bit, need a bigger shot say 75hp. Or the smaller turbine housing.

Good enough for this year. I'm going to leave the truck as it is and refocus on getting the good motor completed. Got a call from the transport company my '06 head finally showed up.

I'll post the time slip info later on today, I think the 1/8 was 7.9.
Later.
M.

Last edited by efi-diy; 10/04/08 12:57 PM.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them